- Information on Electric and Heating Assistance ProgramsWe suspect many of our constituents will qualify for the energy assistance program. Please read the message from the NH Department of Energy below. We have updated the links to go directly to the Community Action Program Belknap-Meerimack County as a convenience for Chichester and Pittsfield residents. NH Department of Energy Message: Granite Staters are …
- Newsletter Friday, December 16, 2022On December 12, the Merrimack County Delegation met for an organizational meeting (elect officers) and a public hearing on the 2023 budget. The election of Chair, Vice-Chair, and Clerk went by party lines – all democrat. As a State Representative, you are also elected to your local county delegation. There are 45 Merrimack County representatives …
- Newsletter Friday, December 9, 2022On December 7, we were sworn in as your State Representatives. This meeting was critical because the official count was 201-198 Republicans/Democrats with 1 tie – the tightest majority in the history of the NH House! We voted for Sherman Packard (R-Londonderry) as Speaker of the House (205-184 with some democratic votes). The Republicans now …
We are proud to have been endorsed by Cornerstone, RebuildNH, New Hampshire Right to Life, New Hampshire Firearms Coalition, and Young Americans for Liberty with “A” ratings and signed the Taxpayer Protection Pledge not to support income or sales tax.
Our neighbors, my neighbors, are having to choose between heating our homes or buying groceries…..110% rise in electricity alone and nearly the same with fuel oil. The democrats are ruining our communities and our country. Every citizen should be able to keep as much of their hard-earned money as possible, not taxed from them for useless programs pushed by the bureaucracy. We need to honor our elderly citizens so that they are not burdened by taxes forcing them to choose between paying taxes, medical needs, or purchasing groceries. I was asked to run as NH State Representative to augment the NH State Legislature’s common sense voting accomplishments. That being a worthy cause, I said, “Yes.” I will serve Pittsfield & Chichester to the best of my ability.
As a family man married to Rosemary for 45 years, having 4 children and 4 grandchildren, I know what responsibility is. Rosemary and I having 24 exchange students from various countries in Europe, Africa, Asia, and South America, have taught me there can be more than a single correct solution to problems. New Hampshire’s citizens are creative. We will figure it out. Work hard, and stay the course; it’s the NH Way.
Being in the military, working with the Department of Defense, an executive for Johnson & Johnson, an accounting teacher for a community college, a high school teacher, and a senior analyst working for BAE Systems in Edinburgh Scotland, London England, USA, has given me valuable experience in dealing with government, civic and corporate issues. I will bring this wisdom and experience to the NH Legislature. Thank you for electing me as one of your NH State Representatives.
For the past two years, I attended public hearings, state house rallies, and legislative sessions and followed the voting records of the State Representatives. The Conservative Republican leadership took on many problems that faced our state with solid results. Fiscal responsibility was prioritized, and New Hampshire’s economy became one of the strongest in the nation. Work to support constitutional liberties during Covid, promoting school choice, advocating for the right to work, and supporting parents’ rights also caught my attention. To help, I decided to run for local state representation and now get to serve, thanks to your vote.
My priorities as an elected NH State Representative are:
- Economy – Never support an income tax or sales tax. Follow the lead of the Republicans this past session to lower taxes and aid small businesses. The key is a responsible and balanced budget.
- Energy – Going to be a brutal winter with the Biden policies, so this will be a priority to any new legislature.
- Education – Support free choice and work for flexibility in public schools so that each town can tailor to their educational needs.
- Parental Rights – Parents control their children’s education, health, and welfare.
- Health Freedom – Eliminating restraints on medical care and anti-mandates will be a priority.
- Liberty – Prevent government overreach and not suspend Constitutional rights in an emergency.